Friday, March 13, 2009

Ch-ch-changes

Boy, things are changing around here...I have a shop now, and a shop assistant to go with it; my daughter is helping out for awhile.   She's a good stone cutter--she ought to be since my dad gave her her start--and she'll get a chance to work with some of the fabulous rough I've bought the last couple of years.  Look for new pieces in natural American turquoise, Australian black jade, Texas plume agates and more.

My husband has been prodding me to do something for the guys.  He wants to know why the girls get all the cool stones.  So I'll probably debut a small collection in May before Father's Day.  I'm thinking about rings and bolo ties to start, and a friend of mine asked me to make him a silver cross which he loved at first sight.  

No comments: