Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Design dilemma


I went through my stone stash yesterday and purposely pulled out some things I've had for awhile because I've had trouble figuring out how to incorporate them into pieces.  I've had issues with either the size or the shape, or sometimes both.  The burgundy colored agate is a really nice stone, but it's huge and a weird shape to boot.  The charoite is a gorgeous purple with great polish and it's not terribly huge, but that severe asymmetrical geometric shape hasn't lent itself well to a pendant.  I think it would be the hardest one to work with.  The other two are just big.  Yesterday I posted a couple of preliminary sketches, and I think any of these could work for a collar or festoon-type necklace.   Next step, trace each one on its own page of my sketchbook and try out some ideas in pencil.

No comments: