Friday, August 1, 2008

State Fair here I come!

I did it.  I sent my entry form off to the Creative Arts Dept. of the State Fair of Texas.  It's been a few years since I entered the contest, and this year I'm in the teachers and professionals category.  It's a little intimidating; I've seen the entries in this category in previous years and this group is good.  

Now I have to decide what I want to make.  Sounds easy enough, doesn't it?  The cool part of entering design competitions is that I don't really have to worry about saleability, I just have to make something really cool and execute it well.  This is a great opportunity to stretch my skills and try something that maybe pushes me out of my comfort zone.  I've already got some ideas, so stay tuned; I've decided to share the progress of the pieces from preliminary drawing to finished entry.

No comments: